Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Scraplifting

Those of you in the digital scrapbooking community probably read this title and instantly knew that this layout was inspired by someone else's work. Friends, family and anyone else who stumbles upon this blog are probably thinking, "huh?" According to this article at Scrapjazz, scraplifting can be defined as:

Scraplifting (skrap-lift-ing) – The act of copying ideas and designs from another person's scrapbook page to use in your own pages. Designs or ideas can be copied in whole or in part and is largely subjective.

Yesterday, I discovered a fun little scrapbooking blog called Digital Scrap Lifting Fun. Each day she surfs the online galleries and picks a scrapbook page she likes and posts it for inspiration. Since I have been feeling scrapbook challenged (see post below) I decided a good scraplift was just what I needed and this layout is based off of the beautiful layout posted yesterday called Dreamy Eyes by Chris Millar. It is a paper scrapped 12 x 12" page, but it easy to copy it and convert it to an 8 1/2 x 11" format. My hubby took this photo of my daughter the day after Christmas when they were both laying on my in-laws basement floor. I thought it was sweet and would be perfect for this. The papers are all from Doris Castle's Naturally Sweet kit (www.scrapbook-elements.com). I thought the colors were great with the photos and the pattern were not that different from the inspiration piece. I used a PhotoShop action from www.atomiccupcake.com to quickly "ink" the edges of the papers.
Other elements used are:
Ribbon with heart - Doris Castle's Earthen Floral kit
Flowers and little tag - Doris' Memories kit
Photo edge - Blair's Borders
Stitches - Mo Jackson's Stitches 1

This page come together amazingly fast because I merely copied with my own photo and digital elements. Much more painless than my previous layout! I guess I need to be in scraplift mode for a while. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my all-time favorite layouts! love it!!!