Thursday, August 30, 2007

Lessons from Ratatouille


My hubby and his poker buddies took over the house last night so I took four of my five children to the movies. I chose Ratatouille because I figured it would appeal to all ages (it did), and it was playing at the Cinema Grill (dinner AND a movie). We loved it. Not only was it adorable, but the storyline was really good, too. If you don't know what it is about, you have little Remy who is a rat. Let's just say that he has devoloped a sense of taste in food that is a bit more refined than the rest of his rat family. He finds himself in Paris at the restaurant of a famous chef and ends up working with a guy who knows nothing about cooking and creating some fabulous cuisine. If you want to know more, you are just gonna have to go see it and/or check out the official website.
I was think this morning how there are some lessons that can be learned from Ratatouille.
1. Follow your passions
2. You CAN succeed against all odds.
3. Always wash you hands or paws before eating or handling
food.
4. Eat slowly and savor tastes.
5. Don't steal.
Kinda fun, huh? Good discussion topics for the kids.

No comments: