Wednesday, October 19, 2005


I happened upon this great little article that really spoke to me today, "How to Make Leaders out of Lackluster Followers." If you want to read it, just click on the image above. The first line of the article says, "Responsibility is a self-esteem steroid." The point of this is that the best way to build up someone's self-esteem and confidence is to give them responsibility. Of course, being a mother of four children, my thoughts immediately turn to them. I do give them responsibility to a certain extent, especially my oldest. The kicker is that the article continues to say that an overbearing, watchful eye is a self-esteem destroyer. I have to admit that at times I am guilty of this, especially with daughter number 2. She really needs constructive criticism, but I fear that I may be overly critical and not accomplishing my goals in helping her to improve. Wow! Something to really think on and pray for God's helpful guidance and wisdom!

No comments: