Monday, June 05, 2006

Sisters - Resilience


I have posted this photo before, but I had an opportunity to scrap it and wanted to share.

I did this using a quickpage created by Lie Fhung, a very talented digiscrap designer. It is part of a kit she created to raise money for the relief effort to help those devestated by the earthquake in Indonesia. It is a huge kit called Resilience. Her description reads:
In the early morning of Saturday, May 27th, 2006 at 05.55 a.m. an
earthquake of 6.3 magnitude hit Yogyakarta, Indonesia - a city rich with
culture, active in art and crafts endeavors. The death toll now has reached
6,200 - thousands of people are left shocked and homeless, their house flattened
by the earthquake. I love Yogya, I have many artist friends there and the people
there are very friendly, patient and kind. It's a unique, beautiful city with
Borobodur and Prambanan Temples nearby. Fortunately, all friends that I know are
safe. Nonetheless this is a very devastating disaster. Let's do what we can to
help the victims! I created this RESILIENCE KIT to raise some funds. I wish all
the people in Yogya are blessed with the resilience they need to face this
heart-breaking disaster. Purchase this kit between June 2 - July 2, 2006: 100%
proceeding will go to the relief efforts through a few social foundations
working to help the people in Yogya. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

I can tell you that the details of this kit are GORGEOUS! I just wanted to pass this info along in case someone else is interested in helping out by purchasing this great kit.

No comments: