Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Photos of Faith


This is my big project I was working constantly on a couple of weeks ago. Our church sponsored this photography contest. Each of the entries was to be inspired by John 14:27. We had 82 entries with photographers of all ages. This is the second year they have done this and last year I volunteered to create a photo book and DVD with all of the entries. Of course, I set a precedent and needed to do that this year, too.

The book not only includes all of the photos, but is also full of scriptures relating to peace because that was this year's theme. I think that the book came out pretty nice, if I do say so myself. Then I created a video where all of the photos fade in and out with there titles and their photographer's name with some lovely soft original music in the background. The music, much of it original compositions, was donated by two talented musicians. Both the book and the DVD have been made available for purchase. I like having them as a nice remembrance of the event.




Now I have to brag on my girls. Elizabeth got 1st place with one of her photos in the age 12 and under division.



Anna received second place in the 12 and under division with one of hers.



And Elizabeth also received 3rd place with this one. They did a total sweep in the young kids division!!!



Hmmm....I was gonna post my biggest shocker. One of MY photos actually won a prize! But blogger doesn't want to let me post another photo, so I'll have to show off in another post.

But I am so proud of my girls. I think their photography skill are constantly improving. Thanks for letting me share!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Looks like they have mommy's talent!

LOVE the photos! They are AWESOME!