Thursday, August 04, 2005

Holding Henry


Last night, I was unable to sleep so I started playing around in Photoshop. I had the bug to play around with aging a photo. I grabbed this one taken last Sunday of my oldest holding my little nephew. He's such a cuddler and my two girls just adore him although you can't tell that by Elizabeth's expression. She is at an age where whe is vey self-conscious about getting her picture taken.

Anyway, if you're interested in what I did to age this photo... I adjusted the levels, darkened the edges and then placed a textured layer that I had created using a Machine Wash filter (Clogged Mesh) over it and set the blend mode to linear burn. I also created a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer in a sepia tone and set the opacity to 90%. The photo was a bit grainy looking to begin with and this was a great way to disguise my poor quality snapshot.

The rest of the goodies used to create this layout are from Mo Jackson (www.mojackson.com). Most are from her Melissa's Feast digital scrap set. The only element created by me is the little piece of string on the tag. I really have to look up some tutorials - there's is much room for improvement there.

The journaling on the little tag reads:
11 year old Elizabeth loves to hold her one month old baby cousin, Henry. But she isn’t fond of having her picture taken. 7-31-05

No comments: