Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Gravel Boy



This is another photo from my a Slice o' Life photo blog. Thought it would be fun to scrap.

I used Doris Castle's Growing Up kit. I liked the scruffy quality of it and thought it suited the photo well.

I read somewhere - I think it was on someone's photo blog, that they like to take photos of the edges of scenes because they are usually more interesting. This popped into my head as I was standing over my son playing in the gravel pile watching a trencher dig for our new home's water lines. I took one photo with him centered and then this one which I ended up liking much better. This isn't actually the edge, but I like how there is more focus on his moving hand and the gravel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the perspective of the photo too, and how his hand is moving also! Great lo too! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Oops I forgot to tell you! I'm adding a link for your blog to mine, so I can check in on yours!

Anonymous said...

this is a super layout!!! love the angle of the photo, but also of the word gravel. its all so fun and boyish!!

Anonymous said...

oops.. that was me.. I'm the anonymous above.
-Doris