Friday, April 22, 2005

Exhaustion

Exhausion seems to be my companion of late. There is so much going on and so much to get done! Not that this is unusual, but of late there has been more than the norm. I have been shorting my sleep to try and get more done and I do not think that it is really paying off. I feel like I am running on fumes and it is not fun. I am grumpy and seem to be out of the necessary patience it takes to be a mommy of four. I know somewhere I still have that patience, for God promises that, but right now I am too tired to dig it out of me!

This morning I was reminded of the verse, "I can to all things through Christ who gives me strength." (Philipians 4:13) I need to realize that I don't need to live my life through my own power. I need to be yielded to Christ and allow Him to be my source of power and strength. Perhaps He brings me to this point of exhaustion to remind me of that.

Another verse I was meditating on this morning is Matthew 6:33, "Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things shall be given to you as well." The "things" the verse refers to are mentioned in the previous verses and are what to eat, what to drink, and what to wear, but I think these things can represent all of our daily worries. I need to remember that if we need it for our lives, it will be given to us. Instead of chasing after these needs, I need to be chasing after God. Seek HIM first, then what is important will fall into place. I think for me right now this means that I need to stop worrying about each thing on my to do list and how I am ever going to get them all done. Instead my focus needs to be on God and allow Him to direct me. I need to "run with perserverence the race marked out before me keeping my eyes fixed on Jesus, the author and perfector of my faith." (Hebrews 12:2)

No comments: