Monday, December 04, 2006

Checking in



I haven't had much time at the computer lately, but I thought I would check in. It always seems that there is SO much to do this time of year. I have gotten the bulk of my Christmas decorating done, but I have several boxes to sort through still. After 18 years of marriage, I have decided that we have accumulated quite a bit of Christmas stuff and it doesn't all really look so hot anymore. Pulling out the Christmas boxes has seemed like more of a chore to weed through the junkier stuff that I hesitate to put out and the treasures that I love. So I am taking quite a bit of time to sort and organize this year. Even though I am not done, the tree is up with the train around it, our special nativity is in place an the stockings are hung on the mantle. So my kids are happy. I have yet to snap any pictures, though.

This picture is of a living nativity at our church yesterday. Isn't it cute? I am a bit prejudiced, though, since my daughter is Mary and my son is the angel. I realized on the way to church yesterday that I FORGOT MY CAMERA. Can you believe that? And I call myself a scrapbooker! I considered turning around to get it and make ourselves late, but my van was on empty and I didn't think I could make it home and back to town on the gas I had. Luckily, a friend at church had her camera and was sweet enough to snap a couple of shots for me. I am so thankful. You know it may be the ONLY time I get to see my son as a perfect angel. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo. So glad your friend was able to get a photo of that!