Tuesday, November 14, 2006

1st Photo Shoot


Last week I got the opportunity to shoot some photos of a friend's kids. She approached me back when I was about ready to deliver Rachel and asked me if I would consider photographing her kids. She wasn't real excited about the prospect of taking them to Penney's or Sear's for photos and was hoping for some outdoor fall shots. It sounded like fun to me, but had trouble finding a time to do it. We feared that we had missed our window of opportunity because the weather had turned grey and most of the leaves were gone from the trees. BUT last Thursday was beautiful: sunny and warmer, so I called her up and we had a spontaneous photo shoot. I have to admit that I had no idea what I was doing. Other than snapshots of my nephews, I have never seriously tried to photograph someone else's children.

I scoped out my property before they arrived and took some test shots with Abi and Patrick so that I had some idea of what I wanted to do. It was really fun!

I finally have gone through them all in Photoshop and they are ready to burn to a CD. I can't wait to give them to her. I hope she likes them as much as I do. I can see many things I can improve on, but overall I am pleased with how they turned out. I think the kids look adorable!



To see the rest of the shoot, check out the album here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun Trish! Glad you got out and did a photoshoot. That's the best way to learn for sure. I KNOW I'll NEVER learn all there is to know about that wonderful hobby! I'm sure she'll love the photos. Great job!