Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Oh, the joys of motherhood!


I have to say that I have been a bit frustrated with the behavior of my 2 yo. Ever since baby Rachel came home. she has been whiney and misbehaving. She has also been choosing to boycott the potty. I have been trying to give her plenty of attention, but some days it is hard because she is just not fun to be around. But then I discovered this photo that my daughter took last week. In it I don't see that obnoxious child, but instead I see an insecure little girl and it reminded me of how vulnerable she is right now.

The journaling on this layout reads:
Abi, ever since we brought your baby sister, Rachel, home, you have been whiney and obnoxious and misbehaving. I have been at my wit's end with you, but then I look into your eyes and realize that you are so vulnerable right now. YOU have been the baby in the house for 2 1/2 years. You have been able to monopolize my lap and much of my attention. Now, you have to share that place with your baby sister and you are insecure. I will remember this and give you an extra hug today.

I used Doris Castle's newest kit at ScrapbookGraphics called Spiced Cider. I like how the warm colors compliment the photo.

No comments: