Monday, July 31, 2006

Chicago Skyline

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

from high atop the ferris wheel at Navy Pier. Last week I got the opportunity to travel with my hubby to Chicago. He had to go on business and I got to tag along. It was 3 days and 2 nights of shopping, sightseeing, and no parental responsibilities. It was SO relaxing although my body is exhausted from walking for 3 days straight. Obviously we ventured to Navy Pier one evening. Ate at Joes B-Bop and listened to live jazz music over a yummy plate of ribs, rode the ferris wheel which was beautiful and even got treated to fireworks. I have lots of great pictures and haven't had much time to go through them.

Then Friday (our first day back home) we went up to a friend's lake cottage for a planned get-together with my bible study ladies and their kids. Kids had a blast swimming and tubing.

Now it is Monday and I am trying to catch up from playing all last week. I came home to around 30 messages on my answering machine and a TON of stuff to deal with. [sigh] Not fun stuff, either. Hoping to catch up real soon!

4 comments:

Andrew McAllister said...

Wow, that's quite a view! (especially for us "height challenged" types) Your vacation story sounds a lot like my Vacations and Families and Couples, Oh My! series. Sounds like you had a nice break!

To Love, Honor and Dismay
-

Andrew McAllister said...

Okay, "WE" height challenged types... ;(

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo! Glad you had a wonderful trip. You definitely deserve it!

Laura said...

Hey, Have you posted your pictures anywhere? I'm going to Chicago for the 1st time in Sept for 4 night/5days and was wondering if you could share some of the "don't miss" sites and shopping.

Thanks, Laura

brechasemom@bellsouth.net