Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A little scrappin'....


Things have felt stressful lately, so for my sanity, I have stolen a few moments here and there to do a little scrappin'.
Since this is 4-H fair week, I did my first 4-H layout of the year about Elizabeth's Foods project.
The journaling reads:
After several attempts at white cake, I suggested that Elizabeth make a chocolate cake for her Foods judging. That way if our quirky oven browned the edges a bit, it wouldn’t show. We found a well rated recipe at http://www.allrecipes.com/ and her first attempt was a keeper. The judge loved it and asked her lots of questions about her baking techniques. She gave her a blue ribbon and may have even set her aside for honors had it not been for the mysterious air bubbles in her cake that no one seems to know how to get rid of. We are so proud of the excellent job she did!

This was created using Mo Jackson's lovely orphans available at her site this week. (www.mojackson.com) In addition to that, I used a few things from her Annie's scrapbox kit, as well. (Cream background, buttons and alpha). I actually scanned my daughter's recipe card that she filled out for the project and placed it in Mo's recipe box. The label text is an exact copy her project label just retyped on Mo's cute label.

No comments: