Monday, March 02, 2009

Discombobulated

dis·com·bob·u·late

(dĭs'kəm-bŏb'yə-lāt') Pronunciation Key tr.v. dis·com·bob·u·lat·ed, dis·com·bob·u·lat·ing, dis·com·bob·u·lates
1. To throw into a state of confusion. See Synonyms at confuse.
Perhaps alteration of discompose.
2. Trish on a Monday morning.

Yep, that's me - Miss Discombobulated. I overslept and only had a couple of minutes to be up before my 4 youngest munchkins were, too. I love 'em, but they just don't respect my need for quiet reflective time in the morning. I am sitting here with Samuel on my lap nursing, Rachel coloring with much animation and noise on her magnadoodle, Patrick badgering me about "what is 'nature' outside and what isn't", and Abi just being plain argumentative and nagging him that he didn't draw enough points and "sharpies" on his pinecone. [sigh] Just a typical morning.

But I need to gather my thoughts, make a futile attempt to plan my day, and pray to God that it will all work out. My little ones just don't get that. So, I will write out today's to do list which will look remarkably similar to my lists from last week because very little got crossed of of them. I will plan out the days chores and school assignments, plan out our meals, and more. AND I will try not to get too discouraged when it all falls apart because the baby is fussy, or the children melt down, or I get that call from an apartment tenant that causes me to drop everything and race out the door to deal with the unexpected.

No comments: