Friday, June 13, 2008

TTV: Fun new technique

If you aren't familiar with TTV, if stands for Through The Viewfinder and it refers to a technique of using a modern camera to shoot a photo through viewfinder of an old antique camera. The result are usually dirty, scratched and distorted. AND kinda cool. You can also fake this in Photoshop (which is what I did).

Faux TTV
I was reading a bit in the blogsphere and stumbled onto Katrina Elizabeth's site that talked about this technique. I had seen it before, but usually they were the real TTVs. Since I do not own an old camera, I couldn't try it for myself. Her site also had a link to a great group on Flickr that is full of overlays that can be used for this purpose. I got excited and had to try one out real quick. I think it's very fun and you will probably be seeing more of these from me in the future.

1 comment:

Thriftin and Craftin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Miss T! LOVE this old look on the photo. I looked through your other posts too. I'm just too lazy to leave a comment on all of them! LOL! Have a happy, hopefully lazy summer. I posted another challenge, so post some of your latest scrapbook or photo endeavors on my blog so others can see all your talent!