Friday, June 06, 2008

Checking in...

I know that I have fallen off the face of the earth (or at least the blog-sphere). It's been a busy week. I have completed most of my duties for our church's Photos of Faith contest. I am so proud. My two oldest daughters both entered photos. Elizabeth won both first and second place in the youth division with these photos:








My daughter Anna entered this one.



It did not win a prize, but the judge we spoke said it was also a favorite. I, personally, love it.

Even I won a prize in the adult division. I got second place for this photo:

A REAL Guitar Hero

I think the judges liked it because it was unique. I am VERY excited! For the first time ever, the judges awarded an Honorable Mention. They thought this photo with the ferris wheel reflection was good enough to take not of even though it was not in the top three. How cool is that?

Ferris Wheel Reflection

This weekend is another busy one. Patrick and Abi have their last soccer game and awards ceremony on Saturday and my oldest is getting confirmed in the church on Sunday. We are having a little luncheon here afterwards and I really need to clean and shop. My motivation is a bit low today. I think the 20 - 30 degree jump of the thermometer is making me feel a bit under the weather. My body is not used to this sauna-like climate yet. That is why I decided to sit for just a moment and check in here.

Hope your weekend is great and you can keep cool!

No comments: