Friday, January 26, 2007

Homemade Marshmallows!

We finally made the time to whip up a batch of the homemade mashmallows that I posted about here. Right now I have them curing in the pans. The recipe says to turn them out, cut them apart and roll them in a combination of rice flour and confectioner's sugar. I don't normally keep rice flour on hand and planned to substitute corn starch, but discovered my box is almost empty. Since I didn't make it to the store last night, I think we are going to get creative and roll some in cinnamon and powdered sugar and some in cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Hopefully these will come out similar to the gourmet marshmallows we had from DeBrands. I am having a Once Upon a Family party on Sunday and am going to fire up the chocolate fondue fountain. I think these marshmallow will be wonderful with flowing chocolate! That is, if I can save any from my children. They are very anxious to get their hands on them and were very bummed they had to cure overnight. I will say that the recipe was very easy to make and I think we will be making these again.

Edited to add the link to the DeBrand marshmallows. YUM!

No comments: