Saturday, September 23, 2006

Charity kit and crop


I just thought I would share about this mega kit that was created to raise money for the American Cancer Society. One of my fellow designers at Scrap Outside the Box has been deeply touched by brain cancer and wanted to do a charity kit. As it turns out, many of the Scrap Outside the Box designers have been affected by Cancer of their loved ones and wanted to do something to help others suffering from the same difficulties. We decided to create this lovely kit and donate the funds to the American Cancer Society. I, personally, haven't lost a close family member to cancer, but have still been touched by it. I just found out this morning that a special man at our church passed away last night. He was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer last Thursday. I am deeply saddened and I can only imagine how devastating this is to his family. So, anyway, I am so glad that I was able to participate in this mega kit, too.

Scrap Outside the Box will be hosting 4 special crops today to promote this kit at 10am, 2pm, 6pm, and 10pm (EST). There will be prizes from all over the digital community.

CREATING KEEPSAKES WILL BE JOINING SOTB Rachel Thomae of Creating Keepsakes @ 2 p.m. and Jessica Sprague of Creating Keepsakes @ 6 p.m., 10 p.m. EST
There are also crop freebies available, posting bonuses, a layout contest and a participation contest. More details and the links to the downloads can be found here.

I am hoping to be able to attend at least one of these crops today. Although, I would not be too disappointed to miss them if it was because I went into labor. I am still trying to be patient and wait for this baby in God's perfect timing...but it is so hard :-)

No comments: