Friday, April 28, 2006

Joy

Wednesday, I was spontaneous. All the children and I were on our way home from 4-H skit practice and were going right past Lakeside Park and I decided to stop on a whim. It is a beautiful park with gardens, a pond and, of course, a great playground. We used it as an opportunity to snap some spring photos and I was messing around with the camera while the kids were playing. I managed to catch this shot of Abi on the swing. She was having the most fun - giggling with every push. It took me several tries to catch her in motion and in focus, but I think this one is a keeper. For those of you who are photo geeks: I used my 50mm prime lens, f 2.2, 1/6400 sec, ISO 800 Which was an oops. I should have been using a lower ISO in this sunlight, but I forgot to check it and change it. I guess that's the difference between an amateur and a pro. Pro, I am not! I am just thankful I caught this!

3 comments:

Paula @ Blooms 'n' Spades said...

Great photo, it looks very professional to me!

Anonymous said...

Looks AWESOME! It's so hard to get a good action photo. True a lower iso would have been best, but I think only because the higher the iso, the more grainy it gets. In little form this photo looks GREAT to me! Glad you had such a fun day!

Handsfullmom said...

Wow, your photos are so bright & full of life! I really need to improve my skills.