Friday, April 14, 2006

I'm in LOVE


Is it bad that I spent more time with my new camera than my hubby last night?

I read through most of the manual and did lots of playing around trying to get to know this new camera. Can I just say that it is drastically different from using my little point and shoot - in a totally good way! I do believe that my oldest daughter is in love, as well. I think she has taken just as many pictures with it as I have. The one at the left is one of the first shots I took. This is straight out of the camera with NO tweaking in PhotoShop. If you know me, you know this is HUGE. I tweak all my photos to death. This comes from have photos of lesser quality and trying to make up the difference after the fact. Maybe now I won't have to spend so much time at the computer! :-)

This has been an incredibly busy week! We have had lots of things taking us away from home and I am feeling very behind. I am taking a photography class at the Digital Scrapbook Place called setting up your home photography studio and our homework this week consists of building our backdrop stand. I have all the materials, but haven't had a moment to put it together. Hopefully today!

Much more has been going on, but I will have to save that for later. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Thriftin and Craftin said...

Hey Trish!

How exciting that you got a new camera! I have the original digi Rebel. I finally understand the settings now, and I try to work with it whenever I can. If you haven't checked out Ilovephotography.com, you need to. The just starting over forum is awesome. Here's one of the best tips I've learned. Learn to move your auto focus points around, and focus on the corner of an eye. There is a good sharp "line" for the camera to focus on, and that should give you VERY sharp eyes. Especially when you're first starting out with your new camera, try to make sure that the eyes are on the same "plane of focus" so that one eye isn't soft, and the other is sharp. I still haven't perfected getting "tack sharp" focus but I've improved A LOT since going to ILP.com whenever I can. HAVE FUN, and Happy Easter! Sorry for the long post, but I love photography so much. Just thought I'd share a few tips that I've learned!