Friday, October 17, 2008

Trying to get my Ooomph back

I know that I have been too quiet this week. I have been fighting a sinus infection and it has wiped me out. My head aches and feels about 3 sizes too big for the rest of my body. Since I am struggling to just get through my required daily duties, blogging has taken a backseat. Besides, it is difficult to write something coherent when your head is in a fog.

I had an "aha!" moment when I took my son to the allergist on Tuesday. He is talking about taking special care to up his medication this time of year because he is most sensitive to molds which are bad now. As he is talking, the lightbulb went off in my aching head. "Duh, Trish, this is YOUR problem!" Every year about this time, my sinuses start acting up and it hangs on until about mid January. This about the same timeframe that the doc was talking about for my son. Obviously, my problems are allergy induced. I left there and called my family doc and got some meds and found out what I could safely take while pregnant to combat the allergies. Next year I will start fighting them in August and hopefully I can have a clear sinus/pain free Fall and Winter next year.

So, I am taking my meds and doing everything I can to clear my sinuses which includes lots of fluids and using one of these. I know. Everyone's first reaction is "Ewww!" But don't knock it until you try it. Over the years I have tried various meds to decongest and clear my sinuses and this is the ONLY thing that I have found that helps at all. Sometimes you just gotta do what works!

No comments: