Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I Love Fall!



There is nothing better that waking up to a beautiful crisp fall day. The sun is shining upon the golden corn fields. Those corn fields make the most delightful rustling sound as the breeze blows. It is gorgeous and just makes you thankful to be alive! Can you tell that this is my favorite season?


I really need to get outside and shoot some photos. These are from a few years ago before we had our SLR camera. It was when we were building our house and I was in the habit of taking photos everyday to document the progress. I also managed to get some beautiful shots of the golden corn and beautiful blue sky. The fields around us are planted in rotation so they alternate between corn, beans and wheat. I have to say that seeing corn in the fields is my favorite, though. I am loving the fact that this year we have corn both in the field behind us and in front of us.

What is your favorite season? I love the golden colors of Fall along with the crisp air. You get similar temperatures in Spring but they are accompanied by humidity and rain and mud. Alternatively, the Fall gives you dew on the grass and mist in the air. It is perfect for sitting outside in the evening around a fire. We have done that several times already this year. The kids love roasting marshmallows and making s'mores, watching the harvest moon rise over the corn, and witnessing the stars appear and trying to figure out the constellations. Such wonderful simple pleasures!




No comments: