Friday, October 03, 2008

How much would YOU pay for a caramel apple?


Even though I have been trying to eliminate e-mail by un-subscribing to many newsletters, I just can't seem to bring myself to get off the DeBrand's Chocolate e-mail list. Come on - it's chocolate. And chocolate makes me happy - especially DeBrand's chocolate.
Anyway, I just got an e-mail saying that it is officially Fall because the caramel apples are now available at DeBrand's. Don't these look luscious? They are double dipped in caramel and then milk or dark chocolate. If someone wants to get on my good side, a gift of one of these would serve them well.
But wait...can you guess how much one of these babies costs? $5...or maybe $10? No, if you want to sample one of these delights, it will set you back $23.00! Yikes! Yes, that's for ONE apple. I will say that although I have never had one of these, I have seen them in the DeBrand's store and they are huge. One apple can be sliced and used for dessert for the whole family. But at $23, our family won't be sampling one of these anytime soon. It is fun to dream...and drool, though.

No comments: