Friday, January 30, 2009

Baby still on board


Yes, it is 5 days past baby's due date, but baby does not seem ready to come out and join us. I visited my doctor today and had another ultrasound and they checked this little one over real good and he or she seems to be fairing well. So, I am waiting.....waiting.....waiting. [sigh]

In other news...I actually took some time this evening to scrapbook a page! I just have to do that now and then so I don't go crazy, you know. This is a page to document this particularly trying time we are having with my 2 year old. Her strong-willed behavior goes beyond anything that I have seen with my other children. Just when you think you may have 2 year olds figured out, God throws you a curve ball!

The journaling on this reads:
Jan. 3, 2009
Rachel,
You are the cutest, sweetest little girl who tests my patience to the very limits. One moment you will be happy and charming and then something won’t go your way and you turn into a screaming banshee. The incessant screaming is enough to make me want to pull my ears off just so I won’t have to listen to another moment. We are working hard to calmly bring you through this phase of your life remembering that a “soft answer turns away wrath” (Prov. 15:1). Someday your strong will & determination may serve you well. Until them, I pray we survive it!

Credits for this page can be found here.

No comments: