Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New Video Project

Just wanted to share what hubby and I have been working on for the last couple of days. Maybe obessessing over would be a better way to put it. It is only a little over a minute long, but it has taken hours and hours to put together. If we were more familiar with our software that would make things a lot quicker and easier, but we tend to be the type to learn as we go. This video will be played at the National Youth Workers Convention in St. Louis this weekend. Our youth pastor will be attending and was specifically asked if he could put together a short video like this to be played for all the youth workers at the conference. Since we have done some video work for the church before, he asked if we could help. So, our youth pastor planned it, hubby filmed it and edited the kids and I created and animated the text/graphics. I LOVE the creativity involved in doing something like this. Unfortunately, I get frustrated because I do not know how to do what I want to do in the software (Adobe Premier and After Effects). I know exactly what I would do if I could edit video in Photoshop, though. Hubby reminded me that I have put in many more hours in Photoshop than Premier. I responded by telling him that he needs to get me a DV camcorder for Christmas so I can take lots of home movies and practice editing them. That would probably be as much fun as scrapbooking!

No comments: