Friday, October 19, 2007

A bit of fun photo tweakery

I was perusing the gallery at The Digital Scrapbook Place earlier this week and found some unique pages that caught my eye. I discovered that they were done as part of a stylelift challenge. I wasn't even familiar with a "stylelift" which is to copy the style of a particular artist. This month's stylelift is based on the altered art of Jessica Dittmer called Wish You Wells. Unfamiliar with her, I checked out her site and was immediately in love with it. She plays with photos and gives them this combination of an old photo and a drawing. Then she adds goodies like crowns, buttons, and pixie wings along with some sort of verse. Well, I decided that I really wanted to be able to do that! You can see my attempt here. It is close, but not exactly Jessica's look. It was incredibly fun to do, though! I have also shown a before and after shot because the difference is pretty dramatic. Credits for the goodies I used can be found here.

This was so much fun, that I will probably do this again. Shoot, after seeing how much one of these custom art pieces costs on the Wish You Wells site, I am thinking that I am in the wrong line of work. Anyone want to buy one? I'll cut you a great deal!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

trish...i absoutly love this image...you style lifted just as well if not better than the original artist. i think you used the elements that were added in a less obtrusive way...it blends in with the image rather than distracting from it! maybe when i start my own portrait biz (who knows when that will be) we could work a deal out!

Leigh said...

This is amazing! Terrific! Great!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!that photo effect is fabulous!!!! I love it dear!