Monday, October 29, 2007

Blue Monday


Today is "blue monday" in our house. No, I'm not saying we are all depressed. I'm talking about laundry day (although, for me, the lines get blurred between depression and laundry ;-) Because we keep getting behind on laundry in this house, several weeks ago I decided to have a laundry day once a week. We had been trying to do a load a day, but it just wasn't always happening. On the first blue monday we had TONS of laundry as well as sheets. On top of that I have been trying to go through our stored clothes. The kids need warmer stuff so it is time to pull out the hand-me-downs. Sadly, I had some stuff that had been invaded by mice andI have been spending a lot of extra time sorting and washing even the sizes that no one even currently needs.

I have a confession to make. I really hate laundry. The part I hate the most is the putting away the clean stuff so I tend to get behind in this area. This has currently invaded my bedroom and I am having difficulty getting everything put away. I have 9 overflowing laundry baskets lined up along the walls (one for each memeber of the family, one for linens/towels, and one for socks). I just can't seem to get it all put away and now it is blue Monday again. Time to do more laundry and add to the Mount Washmore in my bedroom. Ugh! I want my bedroom back! So, you know what I am going to be doing for a better part of my day. [sigh] I have a hope that one of these days I will catch up and have a laundry system that works for us. The other option is running off to a deserted island and forming our own nudist colony so there wouldn't BE any laundry. Probably, that's not a very realistic option so I guess I will just keep plugging away at it.

In other news, I was able to get some scrappin' done this weekend. I can only show you one page (because the other is done with a kit that hasn't been released yet). It is just a fun little page of my silly Abi.
Journaling reads:
Full of sweetness and full of fun, Abi, and always full of silliness. As soon as you see the camera, you begin to ham it up and the posing begins. These are some of your self-proclaimed “silly faces.” Even playing the part of the goof your are beautiful and your personality makes me smile.

Credits for the page can be found here.

Have a great Monday!

No comments: