Thursday, June 21, 2007

I actually scrapbooked a page!


I haven't scrapped a single page since April. April! Can you believe that? Life gets just too busy. I will tell you that I was going through withdrawal. I have decided that scrapbooking is in my blood - I have to do it. I sat down at the computer to do something else and I decided to set everything else aside and do a page. Doris Castle just created this adorable kit called Stars and Stripes for Scrap Wow. This is a quickpage along with the alpha from the set. Isn't it fun?
I went digging through last year's 4th of July photos and dicovered these gems that I had never scrapped. I love the story that they tell. First you see these 3 with their pyro-loot planning. The next shot is of the 3 watching their show from the sidelines.
If you are interested, the journaling reads:
"What would a 4th of July celebration be without the traditional fireworks?
Several years ago, the tradition started in the Richhart family to have our own
personal fireworks display. Not surprisingly, this was fuelled mostly by the men
in the family. I think there must be a little boy in every man that longs to
play with fire! So each year, Barry and Mark take a little shopping trip for
explosives and plan a little show for us all. The draw of the fire has even
proven too strong for Elizabeth who is now old enough to help with the bigger
pyrotechnics. July 2, 2006 "
I gotta go feed the kids quick because I am off to book club tonight. Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Thriftin and Craftin said...

What a fabulous page. Love all the textured elements, and that font is the best! Ah-summer is here!