Thursday, May 24, 2007

Time is of the Essence


I can't believe that over a week has past since I have updated my blog. Where does the time go?
God has given us this gift of TIME. So often I do not appreciate it. So often I waste it. Life for me right now is exceptionally busy. There is so much to get done in a day and often I am wishing for just a little more time. I suppose if I was given more hours for my day, I wouldn't have the energy to use them anyway. I do believe God knows what he is doing and gives us just the right amount of time to do the things He has planned for us. So my prayer has been for Him to magnify the time I have. You know how there are times that time just flies by and you feel like you haven't accomplished much at all and other times when you can be amazngly productive in a short period of time. I really think that is God's doing. He is, after all, the creator time.
Here is what God says about time:
1 There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born
and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time
to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a
time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones
and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6 a time to search and a
time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a
time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a
time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
This is a good reminder to me that although God wants me to accomplish much, He doesn't want me to do it all at the same time. I need to remember that I don't always need to be multi-tasking, but to live IN each moment and focus on the one thing He has given me to do at that very time. It may be cleaning, working or just sitting and hugging one of my little ones.
I chose this photo for this post because it was a taken with a long exposure. Of course, in terms of photography, a long exposure is 5 seconds which doesn't sound very long at all in terms of life. But this photo was taken well after sunset and the sky was pretty dark. It amazes me what you can see by taking just a little more time. The residual light from the sunset gives the clouds an eerie orange glow while the first stars of the night are apparent. Kinda cool!
Have a great day and appreciate the gift of your moments of time!

No comments: