Tuesday, May 23, 2006

New Stuff



I actually have FOUR new items in the store at Scrap Outside the Box this week.. That is certainly a record for me! One is this kit pictured here. I think it is definitely "out of the box." I have my ultrasound next month and am hoping for some fun "baby" pictures (it's a 3-D ultrasound!) and I figured I had better make a kit to scrap them with.

I have been thinking about what kind of direction my scrapbook kits should take. There are SO MANY talented designers out there and there is a LOT of competition. I wonder what I have to offer that is special and unique. To be honest, I don't ever expect to make my fortune doing this. I do it because I love it. I have an inner NEED to create and design. I consider it a blessing that I have an outlet to share this and maybe make a little income to help support my family.

For years I have been trying to not only document our family's memories in our scrapbooks, but have also tried to document a bit of our faith, too. When a particular situation brings a scripture to mind, I am sure to include it. God has really impressed upon me that I should do this with my scrapbook set designs. too. I am going to be making a conscious effort to include a faith aspect to my designs. This will probably be mostly in the form of scripture, but I am leaving that open to God's leading. Everytime I think about this, the phrase, "Scrappin' the Scriptures" comes to mind. It's kind of corny, I know, but it works. From experience, I know that there is not much available of this nature in either the paper or digital scrapping world, because I have looked for it. So, I feel like I have found my niche - my direction. Although I hope this will have meaning to others, too, but I guess in the long run, it doesn't really matter. I will be doing this for myself and passing down a legacy of faith as well as a legacy of memories to my family.

This scrappin' set includes one of my favorite passages of scripture as I sit here thinking about this little child I carry. It is from Psalm 139:13-16. It reads:
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's
womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your
works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden
from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together
in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the
days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came
to be.

I am so amazed when I consider the fact that God already has this child's entire life planned! Wow - and I don't even know if it is a boy or a girl!

I also did the layout below using a newborn photo of my nephew born last year. Doesn't he look just SO sweet! I thought the kit and the scripture fit well.

No comments: