Friday, May 12, 2006

Easy Button

Sometimes God is good and gives you an easy button. Today was supposed to be a long and exhausting day. I have been feeling tired and perhaps coming down with something and I needed to take my four kids to a 4-H work/service day at a local retreat center. This was an ALL DAY thing. Then tonight, their club is scheduled to perform at a big talent contest that will probably last late into the evening. Oh, and did I mention that the retreat center is over a 1/2 hour away and the talent thing is over an hour away? I was even more tired just thinking about the day! BUT...today dawned rainy and COLD. Just before we were getting ready to leave, the phone rang and it was an answer to prayer. The work day was cancelled! It's too cold and too wet. God just gave me an "easy button." Thank you God for cold rainy days! Recognizing this gift for what it is, I decided we were having an offical EASY day. I suspended schoolwork for the day and we are taking it EASY. Everyone (including me) is even going to nap today. Yeah! I am hoping that this is just what I need to get back on my feet and regain some of my much needed energy!

Hope you all get an EASY day, too!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that easy button... I finally took advantage of the rain and used it to make an excuse to get projects done around the house, but I think I may have to make tomorrow an EASY day! :)