Monday, February 06, 2006

Life and such


I have just spent the last 20 minutes amusing myself with the kids and the cat playing with this marble run thing we have. It is wood toy that has a series of sloped channels that the marbles travel down. I don't know how such a simple thing can be SO amusing. For me it is watching the kitten. You would swear those marbles were made out of catnip - he gets himself into such a frenzy trying to catch those silly marbles. I have been so far unable to capture a good picture of his crazy antics. We have put the toy away and he is still so wound up that he is now laying on top of the turtle's tank stalking the water currents through the glass. At least Wonder Turtle is finding him amusing. (For his sake there is a sturdy top on the tank!)

That was a good diversion. I have so many things to do today that I don't know where to start. I just keep plugging away at little projects and hopefully, by the end of the day, I will feel like I have accomplished something. For now, I am taking a short break before jumping into the next tasks.

On a lighter note, I need to document some funny kid quotes. Today I have to give full credit to Anna. As I am typing this, Anna is reading aloud to me. She got stuck on a word and I looked over to discover it was "chocolate." If you know Anna, she IS her mother's daughter and feels that chocolate should be one of the major food groups. I harrassed her a little about not knowing it and her reply was, "I EAT it; I don't READ it!"

That reminded me of her funny last night. She was sitting on the back edge of the bathtub wearing her PJs and dangling her feet in while her little brother finished his bath. Yes, with our big new bath tub, bathtime has become a family affair. Her big sister (who was also in the room) teased her that she could see her underwear the way she was sitting. To which Anna replied, "SO! They're fresh!" While I am thankful that she was "fresh," I do wonder if should worry about her concept of modesty. So, it's ok to flash others as long as you are clean?

No comments: