Saturday, January 08, 2011

I highly resolve...

Yes, it is a new year.  I have never been a big fan of new year's resolutions.  It seems silly to me that I should try to change my self or my circumstances just because I am bringing out a new calendar.  I do go through times when I am craving renewal and do resolve to make changes, but they are related more to what is currently going on in my life.  When things are getting chaotic and out of control, I knuckle down and make some changes.  However, this year, things are feeling pretty disorganized after this holiday season and I am feeling like I need to make some changes. 

So here it is, for what it is worth.  These are the areas that I am working on.

I highly resolve to:
  • continue following the Hallelujah Diet to feed myself and my family which we started back on November 1st.  I think it is the right path to get us healthier.
  • become more minimalistic.  This comes from a tried and true packrat.  However, I am trying to change my thinking and simplify my stuff.  No easy task for me in household of 8, but it is a goal that I am working towards.
  • strive to be more organized with my time and my stuff.  Always something that I need to do.
Hopefully, I can find the time to elaborate more on these goals in the coming week and share some of the tricks I plan to use to accomplish them.   But I am putting them out here for all to see and hold me accountable.

No comments: