Thursday, July 09, 2009

Today...


FOR TODAY Thursday, July 7, 2009...

Outside my window...
I see our newly planted Crimson King maple tree.

I am thinking...
about home organization and time management.

I am thankful for...
so much: my husband's job, our home, treasures that are growing in our yard.

From the learning rooms...
Anna is once again working on her claymation skills. Elizabeth is hard at work on a drawing for the 4-H fair. The younger set is on a break from formal lessons but have been outside in the yard discovering plants and herbs with me and reading.

From the kitchen...
I just tried a new recipe for granola bread from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. Yum! It is sweet and cinnamon-y. I like that it includes fresh ground whole wheat and still tastes like a treat.

I am wearing...
the outfit that I wore yesterday (spit-up stains and all) because I desperately need to catch up on laundry.

I am creating...
-sweet little shorts for baby Samuel made out of an adorable John Deere print. I will have to post a photo later.
-an herbal tincture using pineapple weed from my driveway. It is supposed to be an effective bug spray. We'll see.

I am going...
to take my son for an allergy shot and probably go to Aldi's to stock up on canned and dry goods.

I am reading...
The Light and the Glory by Peter Marshall, a couple of preschool Montessori books (I think one is called Teach Me to Do it Myself), and Sweet Booties with cute sewing projects for babies.

I am hoping...
to start feeling better. My sinuses are congested and causing painful headaches and my entire body has been incredibly achey. I would just love to feel well.

I am hearing...
my two year old steal my sanity with her screaming, my baby shake a toy and gurgle, my children having a discussion.

Around the house...
is messier than I would like. Hoping to fix that.

One of my favorite things...
is my baby's giggle which I get to hear a lot.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I am hoping to get to the zoo for our Field Trip Friday. There are tentative plans for hubby to take the older 4 children on a little canoe trip on Saturday. And we are joining my BIL, SIL and family at their church this Sunday to check it out.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Here is my family as rendered by my daughter, Elizabeth. She created this for her dad for Father's day.

No comments: