Thursday, November 20, 2008

Book Review: "The Total Money Makeover"

The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Several months ago I read Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace." I really enjoyed it and found this newer book, "The Total Money Makeover."



I have to admit that books about financial matters tend to bore me. I know that managing my finances is important, but I find it tedious and uninteresting. However, I found Dave's book interesting and motivational.



In his book, Dave Ramsey lays out a plan to get a grip on your finances and take control over them (instead of letting them control you) and gain some financial peace. This plan is logical and fairly simple in concept and shows you how to become debt-free, stay debt-free, plan for the future, and be able to give to others.



After reading this, I knew that this was a plan that my husband and I should follow, so I convinced him to read it, too. I am happy to say that he feels led to pursue this, as well, and together we are creating a plan to eventually become debt-free. It won't be easy and will require making some tough spending decisions, but we are choosing to "Live like no one else now so that we can live like no one else later." as Dave would put it. The sacrifices that we make now, will give us financial peace later.



I also appreciate the fact that although this book is not overtly religious, Dave mentions his faith and his motivation to share his blessings with others.



If you are in a place where you feel like your finances could use a tune up, this book is a very worthwhile read and I would highly recommend it.


View all my reviews.

No comments: