Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Everyday Life


Yesterday, I was feeling run down and took some sit down time in front of the computer reading some favorite blogs. I ran into several people doing daily photos of everyday stuff. I am always intrigued by this. I know that I am bad about keeping projects like this up, but I got the bug to walk around the house snapping photos. I put them together into a quickie layout using FotoFusion this morning. Even if I could do this once a week, it would be really cool.
Here are a couple Photo-a-Day type blogs I thought were neat:
So, confession time here....you can see in the photo here that we still have our Christmas stuff up. I know; it's bad. I was really enjoying leaving it up this year, but then life got busy and I just didn't have time to deal with it. I am going to try to make today the day it goes away.
I have another big project I need to get done right away. Last week I popped into a Hallmark store that is going out of business looking for some good deals and discovered that they were giving away all of their bookshelves for free (this particular store also sold books). I ended up getting seven big double sided bookshelves. As a homeschooling family we have no shortage of book around here and I have been storing the bulk of them in rubbermaid tubs and boxes because bookshelves have not been in the budget. Well, now I can really set up a fantastic library! We had to unload them off the truck and trailor quickly, so they ended up going in the garage for now. This means that my van is sitting out in our current bitter cold weather so I am anxious to get these carried down to the basement where they will permanently reside. I can't wait to get this set up!


Photobucket

I also got another great bargain from that store. I got a computer for $5 complete with monitor and printer. Can you believe that? Good friends of ours had one they were looking to donate and were wonderful enough to think of us a couple of weeks ago, too. I have been wishing for a bank of computers for the Rich Hearts Homeschool and these will bring us up to 4. Now I need to reorganize the school room and get them set up properly. There are several educational things that I have wanting the kids to do on the computers, but it was hard to do sharing just one. It will be great to finally be able to do that!
So if I am quiet on the computer, it is just because I am busy with all of these projects in my real life.
Everyone keep warm and have a great day!

No comments: