Monday, February 19, 2007

My little girl is13!


My oldest baby is officially a teenager today! It really didn't hit me until I was writing a birthday letter to her this morning. I was reflecting on years past and the young woman she is becoming and then I burst into tears. I think I am mourning the loss of my little girl. It's not that I am sad to see her grow up. I wouldn't have her any other way but just who she is. She is becoming a beautiful young woman both outside AND inside. I am so proud of her. But I love that little girl she was! Hopefully I will still get to see little bits of her now and then. Elizabeth tries to squelch her down and act more grown-up right now. Well, either that or she acts the extreme opposite and is totally goofy. But that is just this age. I remember being the same way. Oh, my mom could tell you some embarrassing stories!

Anyway...Happy 13th birthday Elizabeth!

1 comment:

Thriftin and Craftin said...

I know what you're talking about. My dd is turning 12 this year. Where did the time go? Happy Birthday Elizabeth!