Monday, December 20, 2010

Countdown to Christmas

Well, it is that time of year when I have to realize that I am just a few days from Christmas and I have a lot that is yet not done.  I am out of time.  I am out of money.  It makes me sad.  Maybe if I didn't put the extra burden of trying to make many of my gifts to save money Christmas wouldn't be so stressful.  So, it is crunch time.  I have to realistically wrap up all of my projects.  I have to go through my gift lists and make sure everyone is covered and that it looks balanced.  (Each of my children has the same amount, each of my nephews have the same amount.)  I don't want anyone to feel slighted. 

To be honest, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and stressed.  This makes me sad because Christmas shouldn't be this way.  God never intended for the birth of His Son to be a stress on our lives.  He is the Prince of PEACE!  Every year I say that I am going to break this cycle.  Things may improve, but are still too stressful.  So, I am reflecting a bit this morning and talking to God about He thinks is important.  I want Him to prioritize my to-do list.  Then at least I can have some peace about what gets done and what doesn't.

No comments: