Saturday, January 02, 2010

These are evil, but you must make them...


I made some of these babies on New Year's Eve. I had seen them on The Pioneer Woman's blog and then I got her cookbook for Christmas and they were in there, too, wooing me to make them. So, I did. YUM! I removed all the seeds and membrane from the jalapenos so there were barely spicy. The cream cheese cooled them sufficiently. Then, these are wrapped in bacon. Isn't everything better when it is wrapped in bacon? Well, there may be a few exceptions to this... but at the moment they all escape me.
Well, I made a bunch and had leftovers. I discovered them to still be pretty good reheated in the microwave. I put them on a paper towel to absorb any excess bacon grease and although not near as good as the fresh-out-of-the-oven version, they were still quite yummy.
Here's the evil part, though. This morning I was quietly minding my own business when I got this incredible craving in mouth for one of these babies cold right out of the refrigerator. I swear that I could here them calling me - tempting me.........................................yes, they are pretty delightfully tasty ice cold, too. Evil, I tell you! But you gotta try them!

No comments: