Monday, August 02, 2010

Stretching the Food Dollars

Stretching my food dollars is a constant area of concern for me. With a good-sized, growing family, our budget is considerably tight. Unfortunately, most of our expenses are set in place without much play. Our mortgage is a constant and our utilities do not vary by much from month to month. One area of our budget where I find that I have the most control over is food. Obviously, 8 people in a household require quite a bit of food. But how you feed those 8 mouths can make a huge difference on the budget. If we consistently dined on steak and lobster tail, my bills would be ridiculously high and we would probably be homeless right now because of that. It is my duty as the manager of my household to figure out how to make our food dollar stretch as far as it can. Over the next few days, I will be discussing some of my tricks.

No comments: