Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Yes, I'm still around


I have really failed lately when it comes to this blog. Time - there just never seems to be enough of it!

Here's a quick up date about what is going on in our lives right now.

My daughter Elizabeth and I both participated in a photography contest called Photos of Faith. She and I both got ribbons in our divisions which was very exciting. This photo here is Elizabeth's called "Steadfast Resolve" which got 1st place in the youth division. The judges even said that they thought is was the strongest image in the whole show and probably would have gotten 1st place even in the adult division. Cool, huh!

Speaking of Elizabeth, she is officially a licensed driver. We are all very excited for her. I have to admit that my heart is just in my throat watching her drive off by herself. I know that she is in God's hands, though. I have to keep reminding myself of that.

Both of my older two girls have started a new business venture doing some painting and cleaning for us at our apartments. This gives them some real work experience and a bit of cash in their pockets. In addition to this they are feverishly working on their 4-H projects which will be fine arts and crafts. The fair is just a few short weeks away.

Patrick and Abi just finished up two weeks of swimming lessons which they loved. Rachel, being only 3 years old, was too young to participate. She was devastated and has thrown her share of temper tantrums to prove it. We are going through a rather difficult phase with her right now. She definitely has a temper and is NOT afraid to use it. Her screaming outbursts are a regular occurrence in our home even though she gets disciplined for every single one of them. She just can't seem to control them. I am praying that with diligence on our part to always take action when they occur and maturity on her part, she can get a grip on her fiery emotions.

My littlest guy, Samuel, is already 17 months old. As can be expected for his age, he is a busy little man. I have had to put a lock on my tupperware cabinet for our sanity because I couldn't take cleaning up the mess after he had gone through it like a tornado one more time. He adores his older siblings and tries to follow them everywhere. His second favorite activity right now is emptying drawers. Fun!

Samuel has his first official haircut this morning so it is
time to cut this short so I can feed the troops their breakfast before we go.


No comments: