Monday, March 15, 2010

Christmas in March

Well, I am feeling a bit behind. All last week I was fighting off sickness, telling myself that I was NOT going to get sick and that I could just keep going at my normal pace. With all of the hats that I wear and things that I do each day, I really don't feel like I have the luxury of getting sick. I did battle with my sinuses all week, dealt with pain and pressure in my ears, and pounded down my headaches with constant doses of ibuprofen. Even still, by Friday night I was exhausted and my left eye was bloodshot and pussy. Ick. I woke up Saturday morning and the eye was matted shut and I decided that I had to get to a doctor before this new development spread through the whole family. The verdict was a sinus infection, 2 ear infections and conjunctivitis (pink eye). So, I isolated myself as best as I could from everyone over the weekend and took my antibiotics.


I think I am finally seeing the light at the end of this dark tunnel although I am not quite through this yet. The good new in all of this is that during my personal quarantine, I was able to sneak in some scrapbooking, something that I haven't been able to find the time for in months. Yay! I didn't realize how much I missed it. I think it is like a drug. I had it out of my system, but now that I have gotten another taste of it, I am hooked again. Now, the trick is figuring out when I can sneak time into my day for scrapbooking. That's a challenge.



So, this is why we have Christmas in March. I started going through my photos and this sweet one of Samuel sleeping in his Grandma's arms at one of our Christmas get-togethers called out to me. I can't resist those flushed cheeks and pudgy little fingers. (Materials used for this page can be found here.)




Here is a page full of other misc. photos from the same Christmas party. I thought it was easiest to just put them all into a big collage frame like this.

(Materials used for this page can be found here.)

Then Santa came to another big family get-together we went to. Since we don't make a huge deal about Santa in our house and don't go to the mall to get the photo on his lap, this was Samuel's first time to meet the big guy. I don't think he knew quite what to think. At least he didn't start screaming, but he kept a wary eye on him the whole time he was one his lap. I like how this photo captures that. (Materials used for this page can be found here.)



So, that's about it for me. I'm just hoping that I can get back on track and doing what I need to get done along with some fun scrapbooking, of course.

No comments: